While retirees and the independently wealthy have been leaving the country for more attractive locations for decades, it’s only recently that the option has been available for those of us who still have to work. The reason for that? The Internet, of course. This post was inspired by Brendan Mace, who’s videos I discovered on youtube while researching affiliate marketing. Brendan and his girlfriend travel the world while working online from various locations.
High-speed internet connections and the ability to both send and receive money online means it’s easier than ever before to work remotely. In fact, millions of people work from home every day, so it stands to reason that you could work from another country as well. While you could get a more traditional “job” and work from the road, it’s significantly easier if you don’t have a boss to worry about. Rather than looking for an online job, then, you’re probably better off to build a business and be your own boss.
Depending on your income needs, this might mean working just a few hours per week, or it might mean a bigger commitment. The below online businesses offer incredible flexibility in addition to great income potential:
- Affiliate marketing: Affiliate marketers make money by recommending products to others. When you makes a sale through a specially coded affiliate link, you earn a small commission. Income is based on the amount of effort you put into it, and can range from very little to multiple six figures.
- Virtual assistant (VA): VA’s work in a lot of different areas and specialties. They build websites, edit audio and video files, write content, create graphics, keep appointment calendars, and just about anything else that can be done on a computer. Pay ranges from $10 to $75 per hour and up.
- Niche websites: If you have a great deal of knowledge about a particular topic or just like to research and you love to write and/or create videos and audio, creating info products and niche websites might be for you. Product creators can earn hundreds of thousands of dollars each year, but it generally takes time to build up to that level. Money can be made through ads, selling products like ebooks or courses and affiliate links.
- Coach: Coaching is a hot business and can easily be done remotely. Life coaches help their clients achieve more and have a happier life. Business coaches assist with business planning and development. Dating coaches help clients find lasting love. SEO coaches help you drive more business to your websites. Marketing coaches help you monetize your business. Coaches can earn up to $500 per hour, but be aware that some certification may be required.
- General transcription: If you love to type and are fast and accurate you might enjoy transcription. Turning audio files into text can pay up to $85 per hour.
- Ghostwriting: Writing is an in-demand skill and can provide a good income no matter where you live. The best magazine writers can earn $2000 or more per article, but most online writers make significantly less than that. For short articles, you could earn between $10 and $75.
- Blogging: Bloggers can make significant money through affiliate marketing, ads and specialty products. Although it can take a while to get a blog to generate revenue, it can cost as little as $2.95 a month to get started if you use a host like BlueHost. Then it’s just sweat equity building your content.
Do you have an internet job you earn money doing? Let us know in the comments!